Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

User experience influenced my games because I had no idea what was going on. Every time I had a question I really was like let me google this or let me find a game or even let me find a tutorial. One time I even learned how to make a very simple plat former game from a 8 or 9 year old girl and her father. My chase game was actually pretty easy to make because it was pretty strict and you knew exactly what to do and how to do it. I had no idea what was going on because it is very knew to me and I am not smart like all these new six graders like Meah, Tyler, and Alexis who actually made wonderful games.

Each of my games were pretty complex with all the coding. If I had to pick any of the games I made and games I'm gonna make it would probably have to be operation freedom. In both of my games they use very simple codes because I didn't want to push myself hard enough, I think that if I push myself really hard I could make a  game like Kyhler. In operation freedom some goals are that they need to be of your highest standards and really challenging, complex, and high-level directions and requirements. Both my games are very different one of them is very well thought and another has like 10 bugs in there that I am trying to figure out.

Chase game code
My best code was probably the code that was in my chase game. In the screen shot on the left it show my chase game code and I think that this was my best code because it had the best turn out then all my other ones. These codes turned out the best because they were fairly simple and I could do it without any bugs. My biggest bug was the bug that was stuck in my plat former. My plat former was bugged up because in the process of trying to make the backgrounds change so that there would be two levels were hard and the fact that when it started the words were not starting when the game started.





8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you had them talk
    you should make the sprite your playing smoother
    I liked the monkey sprite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors of the game because they are nice and make the sprites pop out, however I couldn't get back down to the ground after I went up in the air maybe you could make your gravity stronger, but I liked the game itself and the features are good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how the Penguin was really florescent. However I couldn't win and it was very confusing and honestly I don't know how to fix that. But I also loved the chose of a black background to make the sprites feel more alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how the block spoke to me instead of the penguin (an unexpected twist!) but the first time I touch the block I float to the top and stay stuck.... try using a when touching (color purple) go to x and y Overall great job and your penguin is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your colors and character choices, but I agree with Kaile, when I played I got stuck on the top. I like how smooth your characters are. Amazing job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the theme however I noticed that the level doesn't really switch, and also you can move right through the platforms. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice setting ion your Platformer game but the timer kept going when counting down. Also, the game didn't stop even though the blue penguin touched the orange square twice when I was playing.

    ReplyDelete